The Articles Thread Etc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transport Of Our Youth

4 posters

Go down

Transport Of Our Youth Empty Transport Of Our Youth

Post by Johnny Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:42 am

Not many things get me more nostalgic then looking at photos of the buses I used to ride on when I was a child.

For example this fine fellow

Transport Of Our Youth Sho184

I can't believe how colourful it is. That was the one that went to quickest way to school out of the 77, 81, 82, 83, 84 and 85a.

82 was the slowest, 84 the second slowest, 81 and 77 were the same (i think) and 83 was the quickest (can't remember what the 85a route was altho it did end up at my school)
Johnny
Johnny
Admin

https://articlesthread.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Transport Of Our Youth Empty Re: Transport Of Our Youth

Post by Darius Jedburgh Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:08 am

Transport Of Our Youth M1092f

Textbook.

I always thought it was weird as a child when I left London & saw buses that weren't red, or even weirder, we're coaches. It was like being in a foreign country!
Darius Jedburgh
Darius Jedburgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Dicky Tummy Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:21 pm

The Hong Kong Tram.  Still going strong.  Still the same rolling stock with rickety wooden interiors shuffling through ultra-modern streets. Worth a visit to Hong Kong for these along. Some of them are still kitted out in 1950's fixtures with rattan seats.

Transport Of Our Youth Hong-Kong-Trams
Dicky Tummy
Dicky Tummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Jedburgh Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:38 pm

There used to be a tiny trainline near my house that ran from Addiscombe (East of Croydon) to Elmers End. There were only three stations on the entire line, & it was closed & absorbed into the tram network sometime in the late 90s.

Someone made a short film of the line - the film stock makes it look ancient but it's probably only 20 years old.

(More info here - http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/e/elmers_end/ - from one of my favourite websites)
Darius Jedburgh
Darius Jedburgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Nat King Dole Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:09 am

My local tram until I was 6 and moved to a different neighbourhood
Transport Of Our Youth Photo-toronto-carlton-e-of-yonge-maple-leaf-gardens-ttc-pcc-streetcar-going-w-1976

the subways used to have this lovely orange scheme... seats were much more comfy than now
Transport Of Our Youth Toronto_ttc_car_subway

On the older subway cars here you can see out the front and pretend you're driving the train (but you have to stand, not sit). Is really fun to get that front-on perspective of all the transit infrastructure

Nat King Dole

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum