The Articles Thread Etc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What bus have you used the most in your life?

3 posters

Go down

What bus have you used the most in your life? Empty What bus have you used the most in your life?

Post by Darius Jedburgh Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:10 am

Mine is probably the 47 (Catford - Liverpool St.)
Darius Jedburgh
Darius Jedburgh

Back to top Go down

What bus have you used the most in your life? Empty Re: What bus have you used the most in your life?

Post by Nat King Dole Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:45 pm

Probably 271 which is the bus from Holloway to Old Street that goes down New North Road instead of Upper Street.  Goes to my old office, to Highbury (for pool or hopping on overground or switching buses), to Cara's old flat, to Liverpool Street

This year I have been putting in a lot of time on the 191 Highway 27 express bus from Kipling Station to Humber College.  Aside from travelling to far-flung suburban campuses I try to avoid the bus as much as possible in Toronto, opting for subway and streetcar. Apparently this bias against buses is widely held - studies show that to get commuters to give up their cars you have to offer them some sort of rail-based transport (trams will do) as they are averse to buses.

My local bus is the 47 Landsdown but its infrequent and doesn't really go anywhere I want to go (aside from an old streetcar suburb called Parkdale that has some decent bars and shops).  My second closest bus is the much more frequent 29 (!!!!!) Dufferin and as of recently its a bendy bus (!!!!!!!!!!!!).  I look forward to the mayhem that will ensue when the TTC finally introduces proof-of-payment system on these.
What bus have you used the most in your life? 1655916_258342434339604_674563263_n

Nat King Dole

Back to top Go down

What bus have you used the most in your life? Empty Re: What bus have you used the most in your life?

Post by Chudacabra Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:05 pm

What bus have you used the most in your life? 41-keele-map-1970

41 Keele to get to York University through some of the crummiest and bleakest parts of suburban Toronto. I am particularly fond of the express service, but you have to know the timetable to take advantage of it. It just got some bendy buses too and I think they're great. I think Toronto is a sufficiently rule-abiding city that all door boarding will probably go pretty smoothly.

Have been enjoying the Dupont bus lately, but now that warm weather has returned my TTC time will be limited.
Chudacabra
Chudacabra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum