The Articles Thread Etc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart Condition

3 posters

Go down

Heart Condition Empty Heart Condition

Post by Nat King Dole Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:50 pm

In bell hooks seminal paper 'Eating the Other' she mentions this as part of a complex post-structuralist argument about identity and otherness... anyhow I don't think it was her intent but she really sold me on this movie. Bob Hoskins places a hard-drinking racist LA vice cop (complete with American accent) who after a car accident ends up getting a heart transplant from a smooth-talking black lawyer played by Denzel Washington. Said heart means that Denzel's ghost follows him around trying to convince him to avenge his murder. This is your typical odd couple mis-matched partner police movie but with the added twist that the black partner is a ghost. Lots of ridiculous 80s movie action movie cliches ensue as Bob Hoskins comes to terms with having a black man living inside of him. There's also this whole thing about Bob Hopskins getting a classy make-over so he can win back his high-priced prostitute ex-girlfriend....

Nat King Dole

Back to top Go down

Heart Condition Empty Re: Heart Condition

Post by Chudacabra Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nRkAUAXT_A

Same year as Ghost Dad, which looks like it has much better FX.
Chudacabra
Chudacabra

Back to top Go down

Post by Nat King Dole Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:01 am

I have a vivid memory of watching Ghost Dad on VHS at my cousins' house when I was a kid. I remember being super bummed-out by the idea of the dad dying, but it was great that they got to have him back as a ghost, that is until it turned out he was a ghost rapist.

Nat King Dole

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Jedburgh Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:57 pm

I can't help thinking that Heart Condition has plagiarised this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWHNA_j7h5A
Darius Jedburgh
Darius Jedburgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content